|Electric Motor Literature Library
Dreisilker has a wealth of technical information and expertise that we are happy to share with our customers in a wide range of industries.
Click on the links below to view Adobe ® Portabe Document Format (PDF) versions of brochures and publications from our archive of electric motor resources. Adobe Reader™ is required to view them. To download Reader, click here.
Introduction To Dreisilker: An overview of Dreisilker Electric Motors range of corporate capabilities, including new products, Motor-Safe™ Repair, reliability field services, machine shop services, training and other valuable expert services. Our seven branch locations inventory an extensive stock of new motors from top manufacturers like GE, Fasco, A.O.
Smith and Marathon as well as other related products for the HVAC industry. Dreisilker Electric Motors also offers
24-hour emergency service and field service including Field Balancing, Infrared Inspection, Motor Management,
Motor Testing, Shaft Laser Alignment and Vibration Analysis.
Introduction To Dreisilker Dreisilker's Motor Safe Repair vs Other's Burn-Out Method
- Dreisilker's Motor Safe Repair is the safest proven method to remove windings during repair. Burn-out ovens damage laminations and can lead to a less effiecent finished product. Click HERE to Read
Expert Machine Tool Motor Services: Uptime Drives Productivity.
In the fast-paced world of the machine tool industry, there is one thing everyone fears — downtime. And when your machine is down because of a bad motor, you don’t want to spend time searching for a repair facility that you hope will get you back up again. Choose the one with a long reputation of successful service to the machine tool industry: Dreisilker.
Expert Machine Tool Motor Services MotorSafe Benchmark Comparison Brochure
MotorSafe Benchmark Point by Point Comparison
MotorSafe™ Repair: Saving energy while reducing downtime and extending the
life of your electric motor are valuable benefits of our exclusive
MotorSafe™ Repair process. That’s why industrial and commercial
customers have trusted Dreisilker to properly repair their critical
motors for 60 years. Stripping Without Damaging:
Dreisilker uses our unique
Motor-Safe Stripping process which results in a longer lasting repair that meets or exceeds OEM specs. Plus, you'll experience an overall energy and cost savings post repair. Read this benchmark focused brochure to see how MotorSafe compares other repair processes.
MotorSafe Benchmark Brochure
| | Motor Safe Benchmark Brochure
Electric Motor Benchmark Comparison Brochure
MotorSafe Benchmark Checklist
Reliability Services: As the clock ticks
away, the single
value of reliability
in your operation is
to maximize uptime.
When you can count on
your machines running without
interruption you can plan on
productivity and profitability.
But the cost of unplanned
downtime can be measured in idle
workers, missed deadlines and
disappointed customers. These all
translate into losses that impact
your bottom line.
So what is a predictive and
preventive maintenance program
really worth to your operation’s
Dreisilker Line Card: A quick reference guide to our complete electric motor solutions to commercial, industrial and municipal customers. We distribute new electric motors, parts, accessories and controls from major OEMs, as well as maintain motors with expert field service. We specialize in Motor-Safe™ Repair methods using non-burnout stripping, accurate and precise rewinding, advanced varnishing, dynamic balancing, and thorough testing. Our repairs and service improve motor reliability and increase uptime.
Yaskawa Drives: Significant Cost Savings Using HVAC Drives For Buildings. Energy usage in a typical office
building costs the owner between
$1 and $3 per square foot. The
air handling systems account for
around 28% and the cooling
systems for about 24% of the
electricity consumed. That’s
roughly half of your electric bill.
You have the means of reducing
air handling and cooling energy
costs by 20%.
For a 100,000 sq. ft. building,
total savings can range from
$10,000 to $30,000 every year.
The key to savings on this scale
is the judicious use of variable
frequency drives (VFD). Dreisilker is an authorized distributor of Yaskawa VFDs with the expertise to fit the right system to your application.
Printing & Converting Motors
Printing & Converting Motors:
Dreisilker specializes in European & Domestic Printing Motors, Replacement Motors, Exchange Motors, Expert Motor Services, Motor-Safe™ Repair, Replacement Parts, Brushes & Brush Holders, Slip Ring Assemblies, Brake Parts, Tachometers & More. We sell and service motors from Heidelberg, KBA Planeta, Komori, Jagenberg, W&D and Bobst whose printing and converting machines are regularly seen on the repair benches of our facility. Dreisilker is also
the only authorized service representative in the United States for the German-based Antriebstechnik GmbH
Faurndau, formerly known as Elektra-Faurndau, whose
motors are commonly installed on KBA Planeta presses.
Dreisilker and ComEd's Smarter Ideas for Your Business Program
General Electric Motor Selection Guide and Motor Application Matrix. Information-packed quick reference charts include: 1. Motor Types; 2. Power Supply; 3. Horsepower; 4. Speed-- RPM; 5. Overload Protector; 6. Enclosure; 7. Bearings; 8. Mountings; 9. Ambient Conditions; 10. Service Factor; 11. Other Considerations; 12. NEMA Frame Sizes; NEMA Motor Frame Dimension Standards; 14. Hp Range, Frame / Motor Types; 15. See Motor Catalog for Others; 16. Motor Application Matrix: AC & DC.
GE AC Motor Selection & Application Guide
General Electric AC Motor Selection and Application Guide: Complete reference book, defines and details the properties of an AC Motor, including: Voltage; Frequency; Phase; Motor Output Rating; Polyphase Motors; Single-phase Motors; Service Factor; Motor Temperature; Duty Cycle Application; Starting; Efficiency; Power Factor; Load Connection; Electrical and Mechanical Construction; Model List Nomenclature; Modifications, Electrical; Modifications, Mechanical; Modifications, Environmental ; Special and Definite Purpose Applications.
Other Useful Electric Motor Information
- How to Maximize the Return on Energy Efficient Motors: A evalution method on calculating your return on energy efficient motors
- Motor Selection Guide and Motor Application Matrix: Cross References Motor Types with Typical Motor Applications, defines the main characteristics of a motor (e.g. overload protection, service factor, rotation, etc.), and tabulates the dimensions of some of the most popular NEMA frame sizes.
- AC Motor Selection and Application Guide: Defines and details the properties of an AC Motor, including: Voltage, Frequency, Polyphase, Single Phase, Service Factor, Efficiency, Power Factor, etc.
- Fasco Facts: A helpful motor replacement guide. This document defines the properties of replacement AC Motos, and discusses the motor selection and replacement process with particular emphasis on application, thermal, and electrical issues.
- Glossary Terms: Dreisilker's compiled list of Electric Motor Terminology.
- Customer Service Flyer A complete list of our customer service and branch team.
- Balloon Shaft Flyer Balloon and blower shaft repair capabilities.
- Controls Flyer An electrical distribution flyer with products from Benshaw, Cutler-Hammer, Siemens, GE and Yaskawa.
- Motor Flyer Dreisilker is the source for GE, Marathon, Leeson, A.O. Smith, and Fasco Motors Covering a wide variety of applications.
- Machine Shop Flyer Our in-house machine shop offers a wide array of machining services from new motor shafts to adapter bases.
- Motor Safe Stripping Flyer Energy Saving Motor Safe Stripping vs. Burnout Oven Stripping.
- Ultra-Sealed Winding® Process A patented winding process using a high molecular weight thermoset polymer resin.
- Pump Repair Solutions Our in-house pump repair solutions listing brands serviced.
- Indramat Repair Flyer We have the knowledge and expertise to repair Indramat MKD, MHD and MKE servos.
- Kessler Roll Grinder Flyer Franz Kessler motor repair for the Steel Industry.
- Yaskawa Repair Flyer We are the authorized repair center for Yaskawa servo motors.
Research Papers by Howard W Penrose, Ph.D., CMRP Generator Repair and Maintenance Services
Generator Services Brochure
Dreisilker's Generator Service and Maintenance Program will help assure that you won't be in the dark should a power outage occur. From critical life sustaining equipment to keeping a business operating generators are an important part of your operation. Often they are out of site and out of mind - until the worst case scenario happens. It's our job to make sure that your generator will run - as it should - whenever there's an issue.
Our service programs make it affordable for you. We manage such generator functions as: Preventative Maintenance, No Starts, Gas Power Problems, Electronic Issues, Control Boards, Transfer Switches, Overall Diagnostics, and Testing. Additionally, our 24/7 availability give you piece of mind that should a maintenance need arise we'll be there to answer your call.
Generator Services Brochure